Wednesday, October 21, 2009

1:Introduction to the Tractor Widow

The average diesel huffing, sunshine loving, PBR drinking hillbilly's life is made complete not by his woman, dog or even momma. His life is full filled only by the loving embrace of his tractor. Red Green Yellow or Orange, the race of a tractor won't matter. It is the beautiful sound of power that erupts from the engine, the throat closing fumes from the exhaust and the ass numbing vibration of the seat that attracts the hillbilly to his love. All others may fall from his grace, but his tractor will always be the apple of a hillbilly's eye.

What does that mean for all others? That means unless you're dieing, cooking or holding his beer, you have little place in that close bond. If this makes you angry, then you have a lifetime of anger and fighting a head of you. It is just easier to accept the steal mistress as just that. It's the other woman. When it's sick, he'll comfort it, when it wins, he'll beam with pride and when when it does exceptionally well, you better believe that $200 bucks earmarked for your Christmas presents is going towards a turbo.

Ladies, I understand the frustration and fascination with this bond. I have a theory as to what fuels the attraction. The one thing men cannot do is produce life. They cannot form and create the legacy that women can. They envy this so they turn to tractors. They make them, improve them and push them to succeed through endless shop nights and limitless expense.

When I first became part of the menage trios of tractor widow life I both out of place and a pain in the butt for the first 4 months. I cursed that tractor. I would kick the front tires and envy it's attention to the point where I made myself a pain to my hillbilly. Then I found inspiration.

I suddenly realized that the best way to beat 'em was to join 'em. I found several tactics to ingrain myself into the tractor part of life. In my blog I will give you tips and tricks for how to become an active and invited party to the tractor world. Stop on by and I'll try to put up a post every day or so to keep all you fellow tractor widows with your hillbillies! Any questions or problems ask the Tractor Widow and I'll do my best to answer.

All for now, signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment